IEP SUPPORT AT YOUR CHILD’S IEP MEETING
Do you attend your child’s IEP
Do you have questions about your
Are these questions preventing you from
making informed decisions at your
child’s IEP meeting?
Our knowledgeable Volunteer Parent Advocates will:
- Help you prepare for your child’s next IEP meeting.
- Attend your child’s IEP meeting with you.
- Help you understand IDEA (the law that protects your child’s rights to a free and appropriate public education.)
- Help you navigate the educational system.
- Help you communicate effectively with yourbchild’s school.
- You must be the legal parent or guardian of the child with the IEP.
- Must work with the parent advocate prior to your child’s IEP meeting.
- Complete our parent questionnaire.
- You must live in one of the following counties: Cook, Dupage, Grundy, Kane,Kendall, Lake, McHenry, or Will.
As a parent, you are your child’s best advocate.
An appropriate Individualized Education Program (IEP)
is crucial to your child’s academic future.
To partner with one of our Parent Advocates, contact
Paula Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-939-3513.
This project is funded through the U.S. Department of Education Oce of Special Education Programs