Susan L. Silberman, PhD, Senior Director, Research & Evaluation at National Council on Aging (NCOA), Washington, DC
August 18, 2020 at 1 PM CDT / 2 PM EDT
Employment Resilience: People with IDD are Critical Frontline Workers
Erin Riehle, MSN, RN, Founder and Senior Director, Project SEARCH
NEW! August 25, 2020 at 1 PM CDT / 2 PM EDT
Addressing Emotional Health Needs of People with IDD During a Pandemic: A Model Demonstration Project to Promote Engagement and Comfort During a Crisis
Ande Kolp, Executive Director of The Arc Maryland and Rachel London, Executive Director of the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council
This presentation will highlight findings from recent National Council on Aging (NCOA) surveys of its community-based organizations (CBOs) partners and grantees. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, CBOs are on the front lines providing services and programs to millions of older adults. How are CBOs working during COVID? What services and programs are continuing and which ones have been put aside? What are the most pressing needs of older adults during COVID? Surveys from April and July 2020 will be discussed, sharing insights on the ability of CBOs to serve older adults at this critical time.
NCOA is a trusted national leader working to ensure that every person can age well. Since 1950, our mission has not changed: Improve the lives of millions of older adults, especially those who are struggling.
- Present the findings from National Council on Aging surveys of its community-based organization (CBO) partners and grantees.
- Describe how CBOs are working during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Delineate the services and programs that have taken priority and which ones have been put aside.
- Understand the most pressing needs of older adults with IDD during COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Webinars are free.
2. CEUs are not offered for the webinars.
3. Webinars and materials will be recorded and archived on YouTube.
4. Captioning will be available HERE. For disability accommodations email Jasmina Sisirak (email@example.com) at least 10 days before the webinar.
Ed Kaul, Chief Executive Officer ARCA and Eligio Velasquez, 2020 Direct Support Professional of the Year
RECORDING AVAILABLE HERE
Maggie Hassler, Director of Executive Communications at Aspire
RECORDING AVAILABLE HERE
Robin Jones, MPA, COTA/L, ROH, Director of the Great Lakes ADA and Accessible IT, Department of Disability and Health, University of Illinois at Chicago
Sarah H. Ailey, PhD, APHN, Professor, Rush University