Parent Advocacy Leadership (PAL) Training Presented By Family Resource Center on Disabilities
Are you a parent of a child with a disability or a community member in gaining a strong understanding of the special education system? Parent Advocacy Leadership (PAL) is a Free training series designed to help you navigate the special education process in Illinois.
- Willing to attend all 6 sessions
- Willing to complete pre and post survey.
- Willing to complete homework assignments prior to class.
- Possess a passion for helping families of children with disabilities.
Training will cover:
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- State law (Part 226)
- The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Section 504
All training and materials are free.The PAL training is 6 sessions long and space is limited to 12 participants (first come, first served). Homework is required and must be completed prior to each session.
PAL Training dates are:
June 3rd, June 10th, June 24th, July 8th, July 15th, July 29th.
Located at Family Resource Center on Disabilities
11 E. Adams St. Suite 1002
Chicago, IL 60603
For more information contact Paula Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-939-3513. Space is limited
For more information about FRCD resources, support, and publications, please contact the Family Resource Center on Disabilities at (312) 939-3513 visit us online at www.frcd.org and email us at email@example.com.