Parent Advocacy Leadership (PAL) Training Registration is OpenDate: 2018-08-01
Time: Requires multiple date and time commitment. Please Register at link below.
Location: FRCD 11E. Adams St. Suite 1002
Are you a parent of a child with a disability or a community member interested in gaining a strong understanding of the Illinois special education system? Parent Advocacy Leadership (PAL) is a Free training series designed to help you navigate the special education process in Illinois.
- Willing to attend all 4 sessions
- Willing to participate in weekly check-ins,
- Willing to complete pre and post survey.
- Willing to complete homework assignments prior to class.
- Possess a passion for helping families of children with disabilities.
Training will cover:
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- State law (Part 226)
- The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Section 504
All training and materials are free. The PAL training is 4 sessions long and space is limited to 12 participants (first come, first served). The 4 Weekly check-ins will take place via webinar format. Homework is required and must be completed prior to each session.
Each training session is from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (CST) at Family Resource Center on Disabilities 11 E. Adams St. Suite 1002 Chicago, IL 60603.
The training dates are Saturdays:
August 4th, August 11th, August 18th, August 25th
Check-in dates are Wednesdays Check-ins are one hour. Exact Time: TBA.
August 1st, August 8th, August 15th, August 22nd
For more information about FRCD resources, support, and publications, please contact the Family Resource Center on Disabilities at (312) 939-3513 visit us online at www.frcd.org and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.