Volunteer Advocacy Training Program Presented By Family Resource Center on Disabilities
Are you a parent of a child with a disability or a community member interested in helping families? The Volunteer Advocacy Training Program is a training program to help you navigate the special education process.
- Willing to attend all 5 sessions
- Willing to complete pre and post survey.
- Willing to complete homework assignments prior to class.
- Possess a passion for helping families of children with disabilities.
Training will cover:
- The Individuals with Disabilities
- Education Act (IDEA)
- State law (Part 226)
- The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Section 504
All training and materials are free.The Volunteer Advocacy Training Program is five sessions long and is limited to 15 committed participants. Homework is required and must be completed prior to each session 2015 from 10:00am to 2:00pm (CST).
The dates are:
October 3rd, October 10th, October 17th, October 24th, October 31st .
For more information contact Paula Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-939-3513. Space is limited
For more information about FRCD resources, support and publications, please contact the Family Resource Center on Disabilities at (312) 939-3513 visit us online at www.frcd.org and email us at email@example.com.No Fields Found.