The National Center for Learning Disabilities is due to launch a new online tool for parents:
Understood is part of a bold new plan to support parents of children with learning and attention issues. Through research and interviews with thousands of parents, we have learned a lot about what people need to help their kids thrive at home, at school and in life. We developed Understood with that in mind.
Here’s just some of what you’ll find on Understood:
- Personalized resources—all you have to do is tell us what’s important to you and your child
- Over 1,500 searchable articles, infographics, slideshows, quizzes, and videos, with more added every day
- State-of-the-art technology that allows you to experience the world through the eyes of children with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD and executive functioning issues
- Daily opportunities to connect with experts and get your questions answered
- A community of parents and experts, creating a safe place to ask and answer questions
- Tools to help navigate daily parenting challenges, find the technology that’s right for your child, choose a school and more
Visit www.ncld.org for more information.