- Participate in workshops to facilitate future planning for their brothers and sisters with disabilities.
- Develop a letter of intent.
- Share their experiences with other siblings of individuals with disabilities.
During this program, you will be involved in the following activities:
• STEP Training: You will participate in four weekly two-hour sessions for a total of 8 hours. The training will be held in the Chicagoland area. Topics include: information about the adult delivery system, a Letter of Intent, problem-solving skills, and strategies to increase empowerment. You will be asked to complete brief summative and formative evaluations after each session.
• Surveys: You will complete pre-, post-, and follow-up surveys. Each survey will take 20 minutes to complete.
• Interview: You will participate in a 30-40 minute interview regarding the feasibility of the program Your participation may facilitate future planning among your family and will provide important feedback that can potentially help guide, expand, and strengthen sibling involvement in future planning. Your participation is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential. If you participate in the study, you will receive $100 in compensation. Specifically, you will receive a $20 gift card at the completion of each session. Then, you will receive another $20 gift card at the completion of the individual interview and follow-up survey.
If you are interested in participating, please contact: Chung Eun Lee firstname.lastname@example.org 202-390-7690
If you are able to participate, we will ask you to complete a pre-survey. After completing the presurvey https://www.surveymonkey.com/